as pretty as David, as robotic and numb as Victoria

Monday, June 25, 2007

Fall Out Week - Moment #5




Last week was Gwen Stefani week in honor of her concert I went to last Friday in Irvine (more on the amazingness that occurred at said concert later). The very next day I saw my beloved Fall Out Boys at The Forum in LA. As not to steal Gwen Stefani's thunder, I chose to save Fall Out Boy week for this week, since I'm seeing them again anyway next Monday in Anaheim.

My memories of F.O.B. don't go back too far compared to my decade of No Doubt - their music and pop-culture presence has only been in my life for about a year and a half, give or take. But they've quickly spread their seed into my CD collection, my rolodex of memorized song lyrics stored in my brain, and my heart. (Aww.) I'll slowly get into the reasoning for my love of Joe, Andy Patrick and Pete over the next few days, so in the meantime I'll leave you with the video for "This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race", which, believe me, is oh-so-fun to scream in a giant stadium with thousands of other people. Even if the first few verses sound ripped from a Backstreet Boys album.

No comments: