as pretty as David, as robotic and numb as Victoria

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Fall Out Week - Moment #4


i'm so angsty!


F.O.B Week continues here on P&B. This is all a bit different from Gwen Stefani week - I don't really have life changing experiences with this band. There's really only two experiences of note (which are obviously reserved for slots #1 and #2) and besides that, I just really, really love their songs. It's that simple. Touching lyrics and catchy music (and an excellent singing voice) are the way to my heart. (Add skinny jeans and eyeliner and you've found the map to my crotch.)

Most of my favorite F.O.B. songs don't even have videos, so the music vids I choose to highlight this week are more a P.S. than videos I wholeheartedly endorse. I'm including "Saturday"'s video because

a) it's their earliest video (You've come a long way, baby!)

b) they close every concert (i've ever been to, anyway) with this song for some reason

c) Pete Wentz really looks like my ex in this video*


*You'll probably never see a pic of my ex (of whom I'm still friendly with) in this blog being that i have (some) respect for his privacy; if alluded to at all, I'll try to just keep it on my side of things. Sometimes I honestly feel bad for anyone who lets me into their life, nonetheless dates me, because you never know if you'll end up in a blog post or a song. I should just apologize at the beginning of every introduction of anybody I ever come into contact with. (extends hand) Hi, I'm Bex, I am so sorry that in a few weeks when you inevitably become a douchenozzle and I am too emotional about it to deal with it maturely, I'm going to end up writing this. Just thought I'd warn ya! Anyway, so watch the video and know that I got to bone (Ed. note-- is "bone" exlusively a Guy's Only euphimism for "fuck"? Cause that ain't fair) somebody like Pete Wentz for a few months. Hot.



And because everyone's all like "what in the eff are F.O.B. saying???", here are the written out lyrics to one of my favorite songs (without a video, as it was not a single), with possibly the best title of any song ever. Some of the lines in this song are absolutely heartbreaking to me. Oh, Petey, you can come cry on my shoulder. And on my vagina.

"Homesick At Spacecamp"

Landing on a runway in Chicago and I'm grounding all my dreams
of ever really seeing California, because I know what's in between
is something sensual in such non-conventional ways.
Tonight the headphones will deliver you the words that I can't (say).

Tonight the headphones will deliver you the words that I can't say.
(Tonight I'm writing you) a million miles away

Tonight is all about "We miss you" (We miss you) "We miss you" (We miss you)
Tonight is all about "We miss you"
And I can't forget your style or your cynicism,
somehow it was like you were the first to listen to everything we said.
My smile's an open wound without you...and my hands are tied to pages inked to bring you back.

Tonight the headphones will deliver you the words that I can't say.
(Tonight I'm writing you) a million miles away

Tonight is all about "We miss you" (We miss you) "We miss you" (We miss you)
Tonight is all about "We miss you now"

These friends are, new friends are golden [x3]
These friends are, new friends are...

Tonight the headphones will deliver you the words that I can't say.
Tonight the headphones will deliver you the words that I can't say.
Tonight the headphones will deliver you the words that I can't say.
These friends are, new friends are golden

No comments: