as pretty as David, as robotic and numb as Victoria

Sunday, May 27, 2007

I Already Miss Blake




Yes I know Jordin won. But this is probably the last time I'll be able to post a photo of Blake Lewis, who is sure to propose to me as soon as we meet (aka me buying tickets to the American Idol tour this summer. I'm just kidding, I would never do that. Would I? Oh god, would I???). Look how cute he is in his argyle sweater, with just the inseeiest bit of tattoo poking out!

Okay, Blake didn't win, but he DID beatbox and rap with Doug-E-Fresh. Singing be damned! That performance was the most fun I've ever had watching American Idol. Did anything that lively happen the Carrie-Bo year? Or the Fantasia-Diana year? NOPE. Thank goodness for Blake bringing some fresh life into this series.

Other guest performers included Gladys Knight, Gwen Stefani via satellite, Green Day (my excitement at them performing was taken over as dissapointment when it turned out to be a boring Save Darfur/The Environment/Africa/Katrina Victims/Rubber Bracelet Industry ballad. Blah.), and all the past Idol winners except Fantasia, who's too busy on Broadway in The Color Purple. Taylor sang with passion and perfect pitch, but it didn't make me want to buy his album. Carrie is the prettiest girl in the universe, but she ruined the prettiest dress in the universe by WEARING IT WITH JEANS. JEANS! And it turns out Kelly Clarkson is pretty short.

So, yay Jordin, my favorite since Day Freaking 1! And more importantly, yay ME, for winning American Idol vicariously through Jordin. I go, girl.

No comments: